Thirst- its real
Thirsty? You are already dehydrated and baby, you need some H20. Water is good… water is great!!
Nothing quite beats the sexy sound of a can of pop opening on a hot Saturday afternoon. You know the sound… the *tap tap tap* of the top of the can and then the chika tsssssssss. You know. Also, nothing beats the sound of your freshly ordered Strawberry Daquiri being shaken in the magical metal canister when you are craving an embarrassment-free boogie. Nothing… absolutely NOTHING beats the sweet dance on your tongue like an ice cold glass of water.
For the love of Water
Water should be consumed for a variety of reasons with the main reason being that it quenches your thirst like no other. Pop is tasty, sure but in no way does it really quench your thirst and unlike H20 it also rots the crap out of your teeth but you don’t need me to tell you that.
Water gives life and without it we would surely not survive as a human population. So why do we abuse it? Why do we plague our oceans with plastic and pollution, not to mention the abuse that we offer ocean life?
Water… you so beautiful
Water is good, water is great! Water can help you in the following ways:
- It rehydrates you. Imagine a raisin or a prune and think of the wrinkles and the aged look of them. Now think of the grape that the raisin used to be and imagine the juicy goodness of the fruit. You sir, could be the grape. Its so important to drink 8 8oz glasses of water- the 8×8 rule. Its so important that I would absolutely recommend a hydration tracker bottle. What is so good about this bottle is that you fill her on up, drink it at your own leisurely pace and then click, you twist the cap and a dot appears. That dot represents a serving of water. There are different colours of this bottle too and its sustainable! What more could you ask for in a water bottle?
- Water flushes the toxins from your body. Have a cold? Drink more water! The more water you drink (within reason) the smoother your system will run. You will be needing the bathroom slightly more but that’s when the toxins are being flushed out. At the risk of sounding slightly gross, if you do not drink enough water, your colon can become distressed when its contents are dried up and stuck. Water the natural lube of your system and it helps things run smoothly. It helps the kidneys function which in turn flush out the waste products
- Water wakes you up. When you wake up in the morning and feel a bit drowsy or fatigued you may struggle to get out of bed and get ready for your laborious day ahead. Try stirring up your morning routine by ensuring that the first thing you do is filling up a glass of cold water. It may be a slight shock to the system to have the first thing that hits your stomach to be ice cold and drippy, but you will feel automatically refreshed. Your body works hard in the morning to bring that icy cool beverage to body temperature and thus it burns calories quickly! You might need that sudden cold jolt to reality to keep you awake in this work filled world.
- Water helps skin become glowy. You will have heard it from Jennifer Aniston and other gorgeous celebrities that water is an essential element to their dewy complexion and smooth-as-a-baby-butt-looking-skin. That is because the water draws out your skin toxins. Skin contains up to 30% of water and that’s what helps it keep looking plump and healthy. Again, think of the grape and raisin!
- Feeling grumpy and frumpy? Drink a glass of ice cold water! It has been argued before that drinking water… even a slight amount… can drastically improve your mood. Your mind will become a lot clearer very quickly.
- Did you drink too much wine last night? Are you regretting your actions from then too? Not to worry, water will help you! Albeit rather gradually, water is the fountain of hangover help. It replaces the liquid lost from your body when you have been processing the alcohol and also from any throwing up you have been doing. Alcohol dehydrates the body and essentially prunes it up very quickly so you need to ensure you drink water throughout your night out.
Drink water, it can save your organs, moods, colon, hangovers, skin and your overall livelihood!
And look out for the water in the oceans of the world. That needs help too.
Anyone else really thirsty now?